New features in Autodesk Inventor 2012 & Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012 are as follows:
- 3D Modeling Ease of Use: Autodesk Inventor 2012 ease-of-use enhancements include: Inventor Fusion, Marking menu, Upgraded direct manipulation & Improved design feature creation.
- Reuse CAD Design Data: Import and translation improvements, Open 3D DWG, Model repair environment, Inventor Fusion.
- Design Sharing: Autodesk Inventor 2012 improves design communication and collaboration with stakeholders and customers using the same digital prototype used to design and validate their designs with: Expanded export file formats, Visualization enhancements, Improved BIM interoperability & iLogic design copy.
- Sustainable Design: The Eco Materials Adviser in Autodesk Inventor 2012 enables mechanical designers to optimize material selection based on environmental impact, cost, and performance.
- Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012: Enhancements in Simulation & Tooling